U.S. believes Islamic State likely carried out Manbij blast: sources


WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. government believes the Islamic State militant group, which claimed Wednesday’s attack in northern Syria that killed four Americans, is likely responsible, although it has not reached a firm conclusion, two U.S. government sources said on Thursday.

The bomb attack killed two U.S. troops and two civilians working for the U.S. military in Manbij, weeks after U.S. President Donald Trump said the group had been defeated in Syria and that he would pull out all U.S. forces.

Reporting By Mark Hosenball; Writing by Arshad Mohammed; Editing by Peter Cooney

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *